(G)I-DLE’s Soyeon Opens Up About The Hospitalization She Kept Secret During “Produce 101”

She kept quiet about the hospitalization until now.

Soyeon recently filmed with Cosmopolitan Korea and opened up about (G)I-DLE‘s current “Queencard” promotions and the beginnings of her entertainment career, and her secret hospitalization.

(G)I-DLE’s Soyeon | @tiny.pretty.j/Instagram

Soyeon passed auditions for CUBE Entertainment and later competed on the first season of the idol survival competition show Produce 101 as a representative trainee of the company in 2016.

She concluded the show with a final ranking of 20th place, failing to secure a spot in I.O.I, a fateful result that led her to become the beloved leader, main rapper, vocalist, and main producer of (G)I-DLE in 2018.

(From left:) (G)I-DLE’s Minnie, Miyeon, Soyeon, Yuqi, and Shuhua | @official_g_i_dle/Instagram

Soyeon previously opened up about her experience on Produce 101 and her unhappiness during the show when reality hit that she couldn’t pursue music in the way she had hoped.

I wanted to do music, but here, I had to do something they told me to do. And I was thinking, ‘Is this what a singer is?’

— (G)I-DLE’s Soyeon

During her interview with Cosmopolitan Korea, Soyeon reflected on one of the most memorable moments of her career thus far, and her hospitalization following a performance on Produce 101 came to mind.

She revealed that she was in a lot of pain during her “Turtle Ship” stage with fellow contestants Shim Chaeeun, Kang Yebin, and Hwang Sooyeon, but didn’t know why. When the performance concluded, she was taken to the hospital.

The painful incident changed how she views the “Turtle Ship” stage as she shared that if you look closely, you can see her sweating during the performance due to her pain.

Soyeon’s “Turtle Ship” stage on “Produce 101” | Mnet TV/YouTube

Soyeon hardly shared about the incident or her hospitalization but felt enough time had passed that she could open up about it now.

Soyeon and her fellow (G)I-DLE members have overcome many hurdles that have shaped them into the group they are today.

Instead of a contestant, Soyeon now lends her expertise as a mentor on idol competition shows. Check out more on that in the article below:

(G)I-DLE’s Soyeon Spills On How She Feels About Being A “Harsh” But Honest Mentor

Source: YouTube

(G)I-DLE

Scroll to top