Legendary Singer Mina Reveals She Was Molested By Group Of Soliders

“They suddenly encircled me…”

Singer Mina revealed that she was molested by Korean soldiers during a performance.

Mina | @MinaKorea/Instagram

On December 5, Mina was a guest on a variety show that featured legendary singers such as Roo’ra‘s Chae Rina,  Brown Eyed GirlsNarsha, Ivy, S#arp‘s Lee Ji Hye, and former AOA member Choa.

Lee Ji Hye (left) and Narsha (far right) 

In the episode, when the guests shared their experiences with touring, Mina revealed that she had been molested. According to the singer, at a handshake event during a military performance, a group of soldiers surrounded the singer and molested her.

There was an event where I shook the hands of a few winners, but (the event was derailed when) dozens of soldiers came on stage. They suddenly encircled me, and someone touched my chest from behind.

— Mina

Mina then revealed that she could have pressed charges but she chose to forgive the soldiers after they begged her.

Because of what happened, the soldiers could have been court marshaled, but they begged me not to press charges and asked that I take their young age into consideration. The issue got bigger because it was revealed that the soldier didn’t do it on his own and that it was planned by a group of soldiers.

— Mina

This isn’t the first time that Mina has shared her traumatic incident. In 2021, Mina revealed her story in an appearance on her husband’s YouTube channel.

@minakorea/YouTube

Meanwhile, Mina is well remembered as one of Korea’s sexiest singers in the early 2000s. The singer rose to prominence after her photos during the 2002 Korea World Cup went viral. The singer also made news  in 2018 after she married Phillip Ryu, who is 16 years younger than her.

Mina’s viral 2002 World Cup photos |

You can watch Mina tell her harrowing story in the link below.

Source: mydaily
Scroll to top