AKMU Suhyun’s Petty Treatment Of Her Brother Shocks Even The Translator At The “2023 Asia Artist Awards”

She was just waiting for the right opportunity it seems!

AKMU‘s Suhyun has taken her sibling rivalry with Lee Chanhyuk to another level!

AKMU’s Lee Chanhyuk (left) and Suhyun (right) | YG Entertainment

AKMU are the popular brother-sister duo of Suhyun and Lee Chanhyuk under YG Entertainment. Even if you do not recognize the pair, you have likely seen your favorite stars doing the “Love Lee” challenge on TikTok.

@enhypen

LOVE SUN ❤️ #SUNOO #ENHYPEN #LoveLee #LoveLeeChallenge #AKMU

♬ Love Lee – AKMU (악뮤)

In addition to their successful songs, the pair have gone viral for their personalities. In particular, netizens love the “sibling rivalry” between the two.

Unsurprisingly, it has carried over to their 2023 Asia Artist Award attendance!

Before their flight to the Philippines, where the award show was held, AKMU were photographed at the airport “showing discord” between the pair.

This continued as they landed, with Suhyun walking ahead of Chanhyuk.

Their “social distancing” appeared to end as they walked the red carpet together, the picture of sibling harmony.

| CNN Phillippines

Suhyun quickly proved this otherwise during the awards show while they were seated.

AKMU were seated with SEVENTEEN‘s BSS, who actually involved the duo with some shenanigans of their own.

“Unserious AF” — SEVENTEEN’s BSS Entertain Themselves During The “Long And Boring” “2023 Asia Artist Awards”

When host Kang Daniel asked the siblings if they had any wishes for each other, Chanhyuk went first, complimenting Suhyun’s voice and saying he loved her.

I hope Suhyun, who I love, continues to sing with her lovely voice.

Suhyun shared a nice message as well, wishing happiness, health, and success…to BSS!

I really hope that next year, BSS oppas will be happier, healthier, and more successful than this past year. Thank you.

— Suhyun

As BSS and other idols cracked up, Chanhyuk hung his head at Suhyun’s message. Even the show’s live translator was surprised by the twist, missing part of Suhyun’s speech.

Viewers found every part of the interaction hilarious, including the empty chair between them.

Scroll to top