Top Korean Actress Claims She Never Spits Out Food While Filming Movies

It’s not in her book.

A top Korean actress revealed how she filmed the mukbang scenes for her recently released film, Our Season.

Shin Min Ah | Story Forest

On December 7, actress Shin Min Ah appeared on comedian Lee Eun Ji‘s radio show Lee Eun Ji’s Gayo Square on KBS Cool FM. She recently returned with the film Our Season and shared behind-the-scenes stories.

Shin Min Ah (left) and Kim Hye Sook (right) | Story Forest

Our Season is a movie about a mother who passed away getting a chance to return to earth for three days to meet her daughter, Jin Joo, played by Shin Min Ah. Jin Joo runs a restaurant she inherited from her mother when she passed away. Throughout the film, Shin Min Ah cooked various foods like handmade dumplings, noodles, kimchi stew, and more.

Shin Min Ah (left) and Kim Hye Sook (right) | Story Forest

Lee Eun Ji asked Shin Min Ah how she was able to cook all these foods for the movie. Shin Min Ah shared that she wasn’t the only person who prepared the food.

During cooking scenes, I did a little bit of cooking, and there was someone who set up the food separately. They set up the food, and I did most of the scenes that showed the process of cooking.

— Shin Min Ah

Shin Min Ah (left) and Lee Eun Ji (right) | KBS CoolFM/YouTube

Lee Eun Ji then asked the actress if she really ate the food that came out. Shin Min Ah shared that, in her book, there was no spitting out the food.

Other actors spit out the food a lot because they filmed too much, but I generally eat everything. In my book, there’s no such thing as spitting food out. I feel like I can deliver the emotions more when I swallow and eat the food.

— Shin Min Ah

| @kbsgayo/Instagram

Our Season was released on December 6.

Source: KBS CoolFM/YouTube
Scroll to top